Q. Why should I manage my data?
The past few years have seen an increased drive, by research funders, in the encouragement of making research data openly available. It has been increasingly important to funders, who are concerned with transparency and value for money, that the funding which is allocated to research projects is used efficiently.
- Good data management provides several benefits for researchers, their institution and their funder. It ensures that:
- Researchers meet funder/ university/ industry requirements
- Data is accurate, complete, authentic and reliable – as per good research practice – ensuring research integrity and replication
- Data security and minimises the risk of loss
- Increased efficiency – saving time and resources
- Data is available for their own future use
For more information please visit our Research Data Management LibGuides.