Q. What do I include in a Data Management Plan (DMP)?
A plan should include information, outlining how data will be created, managed, shared and preserved, and justifying any restrictions that need to be applied. A good DMP will normally cover the following themes:
- Data Types, Formats, Standards and Capture Methods
- Ethics, Intellectual Property, and Data Protection
- Access, Data Sharing and Reuse
- Short-Term Storage and Data Management
- Deposit and Long-Term Preservation
- Resourcing, Training and Support
For more information see the Research Data Management LibGuide.